11.02.2009

the danger of facebook...

yea so the title might be confusing since i try to keep what i post on this blog restricted to military related but i promise it will make sense. there has been a very big issue with soldiers (and their family members) posting countdowns or locations on facebook for the world to see. this is a big no no and well a breach of security. i always talk to jesse prior to posting anything just to make sure that i won't put him and his unit in danger. other people are not so considerate. as much as i want to know exact dates and tell the world just how many more days til i see my husband again, none of that will make jeopardizing my husband's well being worth it. so as we near the beginning of redeployment (aka homecoming) i will post as much information as i can. i will probably not give set dates until my husband is back in florida. i am likely to tell you when my husband has reached stateside but i will have to try my best to not give any implication of a time line. its not allowed. i can talk face-to-face with my in-laws and give them just as much information as i know but sadly my blogs and facebook will have to stay vague.
on a lighter note, he should be home in less than a month!

No comments: